Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Pre-op appointments

March 3, 2016

Today I got my surgical braces on by Dr. Liz. I did not use Dr. Jackson since there was a dentist near I lived that worked with Dr. Piper. I was not too excited about having braces again, but what are you going to do? While I was there I met a girl who was 9 months post-op and we exchanged numbers and told about a blog and a group on facebook that were really helpful to her. I just got added to the group and everyone on there is extremely helpful. That same day we were off to St. Pete for my exciting journey.
The horrid photos begin......

March 4, 2016

Today was my first pre-op appointment at the Piper Clinic. Today they just took more molds for my splint and his PA did exams, we re-read over some of my history and added some new things. We also went over the outline of what to expect for surgery and what they expect from YOU. He told me he is really going to harp on me with my breathing exercises since I had pneumonia this past November. They expect you to be up and walking within an hour once you get to your room and also to start drinking. They do not care if you feel nausea YOU WILL WALK!! They will measure your fluid output to make sure you are drinking enough and not too dehydrated.
After we were done my mom and I went to South St. Pete Beach and had some lunch. It was a little restaurant on the water. Their food was delicious and the water was gorgeous!
 
 

March 5 , 2016

Today is a Saturday, which is also the day I decided to make this blog! :)
My mom and I just went to the store to my some food that I may want to eat. I'll link some down below. A majority of my recipes have either potatoes, broccoli, cheese and/or cauliflower. But do whatever you may think will work best for you.
 
 
 
Panera’s Creamy Potato Soup- I make this all the time and it is only a few ingredients. One of the best potato soups I have ever had. Chicken Stock-potatoes- cream cheese-seasoning-bacon.:
 
 
Smoothies and milkshakes are good too. Just be careful if you are having teeth extracted- do not use a straw for at least a week or two. Also be careful with seeds as they make get stuck in the sockets.
 

March 6, 2016

Today my mom and I went to the International shopping plaza in downtown Tampa. It has almost every store imaginable! We went to get some stuff that will be comfortable and soft in case I get a fat graft, since the incision will be very low on my stomach, jeans and other things will probably not feel to well.
Make most of your trip here. Do some fun things to help keep your mind off the up-coming surgery, especially if you're an anxious person like I am. If you are a "foreigner" to the area, google some places you may want to go, especially after your surgery since you have to go do stuff and walk around. *don't do anything too massive as you will still be on a lot of medicine.

March 7, 2016

Today is my visit with Dr. Piper (8 am). Today he just fit me for my splint and made any adjustments that needed to be made. Don also showed me how to take my front rubber bands off in case I needed to take them off for any reason. I also met a lady who was 9 months pre op and gave me and another girl *she is having surgery the same day as me* I met some tips and how she was doing.Afterwards my mom and I went the Art district of St. Pete and ate at The Dome ( their food is delicious!) Then I went on my first college tour of USFSP.

March 8, 2016

Today is my visit with the Chiropractor, which I am most excited about.  I am hoping he will be able to help with my neck pain. Because of my jaw being funky my neck is straighter than it should be, it is not as curved, so I have a lot pain. Dr. Hobbs was great. We did some exercises with my neck on the table he has in his office. I will  not lie it hurt quite a bit. Afterwards we went to lay on another table which had a heating pad on it and a neck pillow. He applied some patched on my back which sent electric pulses down my back and I lied down on the table, he turned on the patches and they feel pretty weird and then magic happened.. there is a roller underneath the table and rolled out my back it felt amazing! We picked up my prescriptions afterwards...*there are a lot... Tomorrow I get my labs done at talk to the PACU nurse. Then we pack are bags and off to the hotel.

 

March 9, 2016 

HAPPY SURGERY EVE!! Today I am getting my pre-op labs done and making sure everything is set and ready to go! Tonight we are staying at a hotel near the hospital since I have to be there at 5:30 am *My surgery is at 7:30 am. I am getting super anxious and nervous, but excited at the same time. I know Dr. Piper will take good care of me. So off to bed for me :)

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment